This recipe is so easy and quick.
A great 'grab and go' breakfast. They can also be made the night before and heated up.
- 6 eggs
- 115g of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic or a sprinkle of garlic granules
- A couple of handfuls of spinach
- 1 spring onion
- 6 Shitake mushrooms chopped up
- 3 rashers of bacon or slices of smoked salmon (optional - there is plenty of flavour without)
- Salt to taste
- Muffin tin (I use silicon muffin containers as so much easier to get the end product out!)
- Mix the eggs and ricotta together, with the salt to taste.
- Put the chopped spring onion and garlic in a pan and saute. Add the mushrooms and spinach (and bacon if you are including it).
- Add the contents of the pan to the egg mixture and put into the muffin moulds (be sure not to fill to the top as they will rise slightly).
- Cook at 160c for 30 minutes (once done they should be firm to touch without any liquid remain on the top of each muffin.